I’ll give you a not so subtle hint….
That’s right… we’re off to Disneyland later this week. We opened my Mother’s Day gift yesterday, and note inside read,
“We’re going to Disneyland!”
Also in the gift were new Mickey and Minnie T’s shirts purchased at the Disney Store on sale right now for $6.50.
You should have heard the joy. It’s our first trip to Disneyland as a family. My husband and my first trip since we were children and we’re as excited as the kids.
We’ll be loading up the old jalopy… well not really a jalopy. Our family was stuck once in Death Valley with an overheated radiator… and I don’t really want to experience that again. But we’re loading up the hopefully reliable van and driving from Utah to California. I am looking forward to all the old road tripping fun of my childhood, including:
- Singing “California, Here We Come…. Utah’s where we started from. When we get there we’ll have fun, California here we come.” and “M-I-C-K-E-Y -M-O-U-S-E” (Did my parents enjoy our singing or was it just us?)
- Playing “I Spy”
- Eating licorice from the Family Mix
- Playing License Plate game (first to find a license from all 50 states wins)
- Eating Bugles and Corn Nuts in the car
- Listening to a book on tape
- Playing Road Bingo
We do have a movie in the car for the kids… but I intend to keep it off for part of the trip so they can partake in the fun of road tripping like I remember as a kid.
Then when they start fighting because they are getting bored… like we did as kids (sorry Mom) then we can turn the movie on- and be grateful for technology.
Later in the week I’ll share some of my favorite “Make it Do” Disneyland tips I’ve gathered from friends and family.