After a long time sitting in a drawer, I just finished up this little Easter dish towel.
I started it several years ago, but never finished it or the tutorial I was going to make with it, because I ended up getting what I thought was the flu and then having unexpected surgery.
The original towel I started so long ago was meant to have three eggs. But when I pulled it back out last week I realized that was a bad plan.
I found a cute little bunny template over at Martha Stewart and it became a bunny with just one egg.
I feel like it still needs a little embroidery stitching, maybe a running stitch around the egg and bunny, but I’ve got to mull it over.
I’m hoping my daughter Lily will spend some time embroidering this week too. I just love this little dish towel embroidery she started. The pattern is from our favorite online source for free embroidery patterns, Doe-c-doe.
She did such a nice job doing a split stitch for the little bonnet, but got a little sloppier, and frustrated, with the boy’s sailor hat. That’s the nice thing about embroidery, I told her, if you don’t like what you’ve done, you can always pick it out. I kind of love seeing her less than perfect stitches since it means she’s still little.
It’s such a joy seeing her progress. Split stitch was more challenging for her than a backstitch, so she was tickled at how nice her bonnet turned out. I’d love for her to finish her ducks this week, before Easter. But all in good time. I mostly want her to enjoy the process.
I’d be happy to have her sweet little dish towel can hanging in my kitchen all Spring.