The last few days of summer are getting the better of me… And since I am on the run getting ready for school, and get kids shuffled to multiple birthday parties and activities… I thought I would post the tutorial for Marshmallow Shooter that I did for Skip to My Lou earlier this summer.
Split, splat, splodge…
Marshmallow shooters are a riot for the entire family. They are great backyard fun and perfect for any outdoor party. Have a distance shooting contest, we’ve seen them go 20 feet or more. Or a see who can hit a target with the most accuracy. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to eat a few.
Making Marshmallow Shooters couldn’t be easier. In fact, once an adult cuts the sprinkler pipe, the kids can assemble the shooters themselves. My kids love to play with the pieces, creating new configurations.
Here’s what you need to make these easy marshmallow shooters:
With a PVC pipe cutter or a hacksaw, cut 1/2″ wide PVC pipe as follows:
- 2 x 2″ length of pipe
- 2 x 3″ length of pipe
- 1 x 4″ length of pipe
You will also need 1/2″ wide connectors as follows (make sure to buy smooth not threaded connectors):
- 2 x elbow joints
- 1 x “T” joint
- 1 x end cap
- 1 x straight connector
You will also need sand paper.
And mini marshmallows of course.
To fit your shooter together working from left to right:
- Carefully sand the end of one of your 2″ lengths of pipe. Make it nice and smooth as this will be your mouth piece.
- Connect the other end of your 2″ length of pipe into an elbow joint.
- Connect the other 2″ section of pipe to other side.
- Next comes the other elbow.
- Then connect a 3″ section.
- Connect the “T”.
- At the bottom of the “T” connect the next 3″ section and then the end cap. That will be your handle.
- Connect the 4″ section of pipe to the “T”.
- Connect the straight section to the end of the Shooter.
You’re done. You shooter should look like this:
To play, simply place a mini marshmallow into the mouth end of the Shooter. Yes, I said mouth end. The marshmallow will travel all the way through the pipe and shoot out the other end.
And shoot to your heart’s content.
You might want to watch for a sale on mini marshmallows….
If you’re lucky, there’s no clean up necessary.
I feel obligated to state add a word of warning: Please supervise your children with this activity.