It’s Spring Break this week and my kids wish we were going to Disneyland. But, with the scary Economy, we just couldn’t splurge on a vacation.
My goal: Make it Do and create a memorable vacation at home. It’s just going to take a little planning, and a big attitude adjustment. After brainstorming, here’s my list of ideas for the week:
1. Visit the Zoo
2. Make Kites. Make a Picnic. Go to the Park.
3. Create a Tee pee in the Garden
4. Pizza and movie night at home. Make homemade pizza and rent a Redbox movie. Pop popcorn of course. (I love popcorn.)
5. Take the kids on a nature walk and look for birds and animals. Take our notebooks and write about and sketch what we see.
6. Plant seeds indoors.
7. Have a family game night with yummy snacks and prizes.
8. Make bird feeders.
9. Visit the tourist spots in our own town.
10. Visit the children’s museum.
11. Help the kids with a Craft/Sewing project. (Ben wants to sew a bag for his marbles.)
12. Go to the farm and see the new baby lambs and chicks.
13. Make homemade playdough
14. Camp out at home. Let the kids make a big fort and play all day. (maybe Wednesday… it’s supposed to snow)
15. Go to the library and get new books
16. I want to get in one good Spring Cleaning Day with the kids… (Am I mean? I’ll try to make it fun!)
I can’t wait to spend this week with my kids. We are going to have a great time together, even if we aren’t at Disneyland. Today we are headed off to the Zoo with Nan, cousins and friends. I’m looking forward to saying hello to our favorite Red Panda…
Just for fun, I wanted to show a picture from yesterday’s egg hunt at Mamaw and Granddad’s. The kids had a great time with their cousins. Check out Lily and Emma’s new skirts made by their Nan (my mom, Leslie.) She said she whipped these skirts up in no time… The pattern is the Girly skirt from Pink Fig Patterns. I loved them so much, I want to make some myself and also try a few other Pink Fig patterns like the Pink Fig Patchwork Skirt Embellished Top Sewing Pattern.